Dr Christopher Jobling

Senior Lecturer

Engineering

c.p.jobling@swansea.ac.uk

Sarah Bernhardt as Hamlet, with Yorick's skull (photographer: James Lafayette, c. 1885–1900).

Sarah Bernhardt as Hamlet, with Yorick’s skull (photographer: James Lafayette, c. 1885–1900). Image from Wikimedia Commons as published in Hamlet (Wikipedia).

I’ve had this blog, courtesy of my employer Swansea University, for a number of years, but rarely use it.

Instead, I tend to post most often in my personal blog Fresh and Crispy.

So, at the start of this new year, a time for reflection and resolutions, I find myself asking myself should I keep this blog and start using it more systematically or should I abandon it?

In answering this, I suppose I intended this blog to be a place for reflecting on my teaching and learning and to support my students taking my courses? My other blog was meant to be more personal, but in reality, takes on more of these work-related issues than this blog does.

Should I, therefore, copy the posts over from this blog to my personal blog, and have a single place to reflect?

For an open practitioner (as I hope that I am) Is there an advantage in having separate work and personal blogs?

Are there disadvantages?

What do you think?

January 6th, 2018

Posted In: blogging, reflection